Coach Shane Heins co-created and produced Onnit 6 Barbell.
*Use code heins10 to get 10% off.
Photo and description from Onnit.com:
Onnit 6 Barbell is a 6-week, total-body training program designed to be done in your home or at the gym.
It requires only a barbell and some light weight plates. If you’ve been injured using a bar before, or you’re intimidated by it, this plan will show you how to create a powerful foundation for joint-friendly, pain-free strength training that builds muscle, burns fat, and develops core stability. The program can be scaled to suit fitness newbies, recreational athletes, and even competitive lifters.
- Easy on the joints
- Build muscle, burn fat, develop core strength
- No heavy weights necessary
- The entire program can be streamed online, so you can literally do these workouts anywhere.
The Onnit 6 Barbell Program Includes
- 6 weeks of full-body workouts, consisting of 4 barbell training sessions and 2 non-traditional yoga classes per week (warmups and cooldowns for each workout, too!) All workouts last one hour.
- A variety of training methods that make your workouts fun and challenging. Supersets, EMOM, circuit training, and more will build strength, muscle, and endurance, as well as burn calories and fat.
- 3 levels of progression for each exercise, so you can scale your workout to your own experience and readiness.
- Mindset strategies for long-term success from Onnit founder Aubrey Marcus himself.
- Delicious fat-burning recipes and nutrition tips to optimize your diet.
Who it’s for
This makes the program equally great for beginners, or those who may have never touched a barbell before.
The barbell is one of the world’s oldest training tools, and probably the most famous one. It’s perfect for performing classic muscle and strength-building lifts like the squat, press, row, and clean, but training those lifts with poor form or too much weight results in shoulder, back, and knee pain. That’s why most people give up on the barbell in favor of “safer” machines, or avoid it entirely, fearing that they’ll get hurt. That’s a shame, because barbell training is one of the most efficient ways to build total-body strength.
The Onnit 6 Barbell program makes the most of light weights, so you can still train the best exercises for getting strong and muscular but without the same risk for injury. Your bar can weigh anywhere from 25 to 45 pounds, and you’ll never need more than one 5-pound plate per side.
Trust us, you won’t want any more weight than that on this program. Onnit 6 makes light loads feel heavy via the fine-tuning of training variables in unique combinations, including slowing down your lifting speed, adjusting your grip and stance, and making one side of the bar feel heavier than the other.
These protocols force your muscles to stabilize your body as they never have before. The result is better form and solid stability in every major joint—and the core—which will carry over to everyday activities and sports. This makes the program equally great for beginners, or those who may have never touched a barbell before. Onnit 6 Barbell will make you a fitter person, a better athlete, and a stronger (and safer) lifter—especially if you are (or aspire to be) a CrossFitter, powerlifter, or Olympic weightlifting competitor.
Workouts you can do anytime, anywhere
The only thing you’ll need to complete the Onnit 6 workouts is a barbell (of any size) and some light weight plates (no more than two 5-pound plates are necessary). The entire program can be streamed online, so you can literally do these workouts anywhere—from your living room to a hotel gym.
Learn more about it HERE.